Our journey on the “Pow Wow Trail” continues! This weekend we travel to The Curve Lake First Nation – home of the Mississauga’s of the Great Anishnaabe Nation, located on a peninsula between Buckhorn & Chemong Lakes.
Curve Lake First Nation Annual Traditional Pow Wow – Sat./Sun. Sept. 17/18 – 9am-5pm
Traditionally, families had to scatter far and wide to be able to find enough game to feed themselves throughout the long and harsh Canadian winter. The Pow Wow took place each year when families and friends were reunited to dance, drum, feast and give thanks to the Creator.
This year’s Pow Wow will honour our residential school survivors.
- Sunrise Ceremony at 6:00 am both days
- Light breakfast follows sunrise ceremony
- Blessing of the Grass at 11:00 am
- Introduction & Dance following the Blessing of the grass
- Grand entry at 12:00 pm
- Admission: $8/Adult (13-59) / $5/Child (6-12) or Senior (60+) / Children under 5 are FREE!
1024 Mississauga Street, Curve Lake First Nation, ON – MAP
Click here to download the Pow Wow Brochure – great tips & info for any Pow Wow!
As always, our family will be opening our shop at the Gibraltar Market (London, ON) both Sat. & Sun.